i would appreciate any input on what sort of lowering kit
to buy and how low i can go at the rear without messing the
handling and the drive comfort as this car is gonna be
a daily driver for me

thanks in advance (Y)
MartijnG
Über-Spammer
Car: Renault 5 GT Turbo

You can try Renault 5 GT Turbo shocks (with lowering springs) but you have to modify the upper mounting because the bolt holes on the shock and on the car are not the same.
I was going to try it on my Renault 9 once, but before I could fit them I sold my car :wink:

I even think that there are lowering springs for a Renault 9? That will be a -35mm lowering if i'm correct.

The rear axle can be lowered by adjusting the torsion bars. I guess that is going to be a hell of a job. It probably will be full of rust (N)

Good luck (Y) :)
'85 GT Turbo & '85 5TL & '90 5TR-T "Rusty" & '79 Estafette Campert & '86 GT Turbo & '89 5GTX & '02 Clio II 1.5 dCi & '05 Megane 1.9 dCi (Daily) & '91 Clio 16v & '03 Clio II 1.6 16v Initiale LPG (Daily) & '06 Megane II Grand Tour 1.6 16v LPG (Daily) & BMW E36 Compact M42B18 & Skoda Octavia Combi 1.6TDi
schakal

MartijnG schreef:You can try Renault 5 GT Turbo shocks (with lowering springs) but you have to modify the upper mounting because the bolt holes on the shock and on the car are not the same.
I was going to try it on my Renault 9 once, but before I could fit them I sold my car :wink:

I even think that there are lowering springs for a Renault 9? That will be a -35mm lowering if i'm correct.

The rear axle can be lowered by adjusting the torsion bars. I guess that is going to be a hell of a job. It probably will be full of rust (N)

Good luck (Y) :)
thanks mate ,
i always thought the renault 5 turbo front shocks
were much different than the r9/11 ones ??
are you sure these fit fine ??

i bought a set of 35 mm lowering springs for my renault 9
off ebay ,they dont lower the car at all :(

yeah my torsion bars are seized as well but i will
sort that problem pretty soon with some :mg:
MartijnG
Über-Spammer
Car: Renault 5 GT Turbo

The two bolt holes on the top of the GT Turbo shocks don't align with the bolt holes on the Renault 9. So you have to drill a extra hole in your car. It sounds very crappy, but there are some guys on this forum who did it as well...so probably that's the only solution :)
'85 GT Turbo & '85 5TL & '90 5TR-T "Rusty" & '79 Estafette Campert & '86 GT Turbo & '89 5GTX & '02 Clio II 1.5 dCi & '05 Megane 1.9 dCi (Daily) & '91 Clio 16v & '03 Clio II 1.6 16v Initiale LPG (Daily) & '06 Megane II Grand Tour 1.6 16v LPG (Daily) & BMW E36 Compact M42B18 & Skoda Octavia Combi 1.6TDi
Plaats reactie