how to modify a F2N engine 1721cc carburettor

Post hier al je vragen over de Renault 9 en 11
Plaats reactie
schakal

keeping my renault 9 off the road at the moment and want to do some modifications to the engine as well as to the bodywork .

i have a few ideas in mind but would like to hear opinions from fellow renault 9/11 1.7 gtx owners as well
one of the ideas is installing a 1794 cc (F3P) cylinder head on to the existing F2N block along with the ecu ,manifolds ,ignition coil ,map sensor, and also an electric fuel pump from a renault 5 gtt (3 bars) .
the standard F2N engine is 88bhp and a F3P is 95bhp (however there is power steering and a catalytic convertor on the F3P stealing some power from engine as well )

so what can i do to the cylinder head ,carburettor or else to make my r9 get a bit more powerfull and torquier ???

thanks
urosr

best solution for your problem is to use a motorcycle carburators or double weber dcoe40, but motorcycle carburatur is more simple to adjust, with combination of sport exhaust header will your power gain aproximitly 30%, and you dont have to mess around electricity and ECU.
schakal

urosr schreef:best solution for your problem is to use a motorcycle carburators or double weber dcoe40, but motorcycle carburatur is more simple to adjust, with combination of sport exhaust header will your power gain aproximitly 30%, and you dont have to mess around electricity and ECU.
sounds good to me but how does the fuelling work on motorcycle carbs ??
can i really run it with the standard ignition computer ??
also what make and model carbs will i need to use or does it not matter ???

i was thinking of using a clio rsi
exhaust manifold which is a tubular one,
is that what you mean by "headers" ??
urosr

fueling on motorcycles carbs work individual, 1 small carb for each piston, and all are connected with one fuel rail and one throthle stick,you cann use standard pump or electric pump, only thing about fuel that may need to be replaced is fuel presure regulator or not?, you need carburators from yamaha yzf1000 or something like that,yes you cann run with standard ignition system, becouse you will be playing yust around intake and exhaust system of your engine, with exhaust header i mean exaust manifold and mainfload from clio rsi will be good.
Sorry for my poor english (D)
schakal

our english is very good mate,also you seem to know what
you are talking about . have you ever worked on a project like that
before ,if so i would like to see/learn more about it .

on the other hand , 4 carbs from a bike will possibly
cost me a fortune and they will be pretty hard to find as well :~
Plaats reactie